SEO: The Key to CPA Success
Author: Louis Glover, SEO Specialist
Certified Public Accountants (CPAs) are highly sought-after professionals. To become a CPA, one must pass a rigorous exam and meet all requirements set forth by their state board of accountancy. Once licensed, CPAs can provide a variety of services, including tax preparation, auditing, and consulting.
With the recent tax code changes, CPAs are in high demand as businesses and individuals alike seek guidance on how the new laws will impact them. As the need for CPAs continues to grow, it’s more important than ever for CPAs to make themselves visible online. And the best way to do that is through Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing a website for Google search to earn higher web traffic levels and improve the visibility of the site. To achieve this, CPCs must focus on creating high-quality and helpful content that Google will deem relevant to researchers. Additionally, they need to ensure that their website is properly structured and free of any technical errors that could negatively impact their ranking.
Why is SEO important for CPAs?
The vast majority of people who are looking for a CPA will start their search online. To be visible to potential clients, CPAs must have a strong online presence—and that starts with SEO. By ensuring that their website appears as high as possible in relevant Google searches, CPAs can significantly increase their chances of being found by prospective clients.
How can I improve my firm’s SEO?
Here are a few tips:
- Do your research: Identity which keywords potential clients are using when searching for CPAs in your area and incorporate those keywords into your website content.
- Create quality content: Write blog posts and articles that are informative, well-written, and free of errors.
- Write compelling metadata: Your website’s metadata is the text that appears when your site comes up in a Google search. Make sure it accurately reflects the content on your site.
- Structure your website correctly: Make sure your website is easy to navigate and free of any technical errors.
- Promote your content: Share your blog posts and articles on social media and other forums to increase their reach.
- Create Local Citations: Include your firm’s NAP (name, address, phone number) on websites like Google Business Profile and Yelp. Make sure all information is consistent.
- Monitor your progress: Use Google Analytics (Free) or another similar tool to track your progress and adjust your strategy as needed.
By following these few tips, you can help your firm’s website appears prominently in relevant Google searches—and that means more clients for your business!
In today’s digital world, it’s more important than ever for businesses to have a strong online presence—and that starts with Search Engine Optimization (SEO). As a CPA, you know just how crucial it is to be visible online to attract new clients.